Moogerfooger settings?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by elantibala, Jan 8, 2009.

1. elantibala

elantibala Guest

Dec 23, 2008
    I just got my LPF yesterday and it is amazing. I hear a lot of people complaining that it's a pain to tweak with live, and I completely agree.
    That leads me to assume that they do not make some sort of foot controller that stores a number of settings? Is the Moogerfooger not compatible for this kind of thing? I know EH has a footcontroller that can be used with the HOG? I'd love to be able to recall all the different types of funk juice I can get outta this thing :cool:

2. Well, its easy to do that sort of thing with the HOG, because the HOG is digital and can take in midi messages to control settings. The moogers are analog, so the only way you'd be able to do something like that would be with some sort of CV controller, and connecting cables from that to the CV in jacks of each setting you want to be able to change on the fly. Moog does make the MP-201 controller, but I'm not sure if anyone here has tried to use one yet

3. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I was about to mention the analog/digital thing :p Albeit I didn't know about the MP-201.

This, aside from the price, is my only concern about getting a moogerfooger. It sounds incredible and seems like it'd last for freaking ever (one perk of analog) but on-the-fly changes seem rather arduous.

4. elantibala

elantibala Guest

Dec 23, 2008
    Thanks bigchief. I thought it had something to do with it being analog. Anyone ever use the MP-201 controller?

5. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    someone hear posted photos using one. i forgot who...but there is a person.

6. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Is there a decent-sounding filter that has memory for settings, other than the Octavius Squeezer?

I've never found one.

7. whoatherechunk

whoatherechunk

Apr 4, 2008
    i like the line 6 fm4. only four settings...but it suffices.

8. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    tape and a sharpie is the best sort of patch memory! even better, is different colored bits of tape, cut them into little triangles, and then stick them on the pedal where the knobs go, with a different color set corresponding to each 'preset'...

mine always stays on one setting, pretty much, unless i decide to get down and 'play' the cutoff with full resonance like a theremin... just watch your speakers!

john

9. dubsymmetry

dubsymmetry Guest

Mar 13, 2008
    what john said. and you will see, after some time you´ll get to know it better and won´t have a problem anymore.
    in my band I do a lot of different settings on the pedals for each song and practicing the changing of parameters during rehearsal is part of my job description.

about the mp-201 -> I don´t have one, but you can ask over at http://www.moogmusic.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

10. Ron Now

11. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    You can control every single one of those knobs with an expression pedal. I put mine in the cut off. However, I have played with it in the envelope. I'm thinking about getting a second pedal for the envelope.

12. slight-return

slight-return Guest

May 14, 2007
    \If you are OK with a rack format the Peavey Spectrum filter is a Moog style ladder filter and VCA with EGs for each and is digitally controlled analog with MIDI

13. Joe Gress

Joe Gress Guest

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Hey,

Do you have any clips of the LPF in action?

14. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Ooooooh! Shame it's out of production. I'm not seeing an up/down sweep control on it though - does it do both?

I think I could use one of these. Effect order might get a bit tricky between board and rack though.

15. tareh

tareh Guest

Nov 5, 2008
    for my MURF, what i do is, i grab a masking tape and write all my settings down. as such,

efex 1
    P=? E=?
    M=? R=?
    x...x.x
    .x.x.x.
    ..x....

and between intervals i just quickly go down and change em. heh

the x's are fr the EQ knob slider.