Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Moogerfoogers - too tweakable for the floor?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Funkateer, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    I have been messing with their lowpass/envelope filter and ring modulator boxes, and love the crazy sounds that can be produced. However, I'm finding that in order to get the really good sounds, you have to tweak, and tweak. Not sure how practical these things are as stomp boxes for that reason. Anybody using them live, and off the floor, on a music stand, table, etc.

2. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    they seem to have thougt about that, isnt every control assignable to an expression pedal??

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I've seen a couple guys with the lowpass filter up high mounted to some sort of stand so they could get to it easily. This is something that Moog should offer.

Oh, and God bless Bob Moog's family. He just passed away this past Sunday.

4. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    Yes but how many expression pedals do you want to be using at one time. Also, patching the CV ins/outs on your knees isn't too much fun.

I've got a Loooper coming, and may end up having a Moogerfooger effects loop and remote it from the pedal board.

5. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    Word. A true pioneer.

6. that's what I do...

7. deepestend

deepestend Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    that's the problem I had... not practical live. However, in the studio, it seems like it would be great. I've also never seen such a beautifully designed housing for a pedal/electronic.