Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Moollon Bass Drive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DougP, May 31, 2005.

1. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    just curious, why can't you try it out and let us know how it sounds?
    :)

3. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Cause i am over my limit on GAS expenditures for the year. ;)

i didnt see any other threads about this then i realized after posting this thread that i had been using the wrong spelling of Moollon while searching.

in all seriousness though, i just might try it in a month or two. if i do, i'll definitely post samples.

4. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    It certainly looks cool...

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    It's elegant looking and all, but I don't know if I want to step on that thing ya know?

6. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Buy, try and return :)
    It's served me well many times :)

Reading some reviews of the guitar version, seems like it's a tubescreamer clone. From what I can tell, bass version is same but with extended freq range.

7. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i am just starting to venture out and experiment with bass distortions/ODs etc.

what could a person expect from a tubescreamer clone for bass?

i currently have an Ibanez Phathead and an EBS MultiDrive. are these comparable in any way to the tubescreamer clone?

8. David Wilson

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    a tubescreamer clone will typically have a bit of a midrange hump.

Nothing wrong with that, might be what you're looking for. Curiosity might get the better of me and I might try it... but for the money I'd want it to sound better than just another ts clone. The voodoo labs sparkle drive is an excellent ts clone, and costs half the price. Although it doesn't have a fancy metal case ;)