1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Moollon classic p with Reidmar 750 or tone hammer 500

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pjowsky, Mar 22, 2018.

1. pjowsky

pjowsky

Jul 27, 2016
    Hi I've just ordered classic IV p bass from moollon. It will be my first p. I'm also getting a new amp so wondering would a p go best with Aguilar or reidmar? Thanks

2. stephenb923

stephenb923 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2014
    New York
    I really liked the sound I got with the Aguilar AG700 using my Moollon P IV. You should consider that as well.

756 likes this.
  3. Wicked G

Wicked G

Jan 19, 2017
    Hell Paso Texas
    Although I have never played a Moollon I have owned the ToneHammer 500 and currently own the Reidmar 750. If you want a dark, thick, wooly head then get the Tonehammer. If you want a very hard hitting head with what seems like unlimited headroom, a nice compressor and the ability to add a bit of drive then get the Reidmar.

DiabolicLow B, 756 and jwindham like this.
  4. xroads

xroads

Nov 6, 2012
    Both are good amps - your sound preference will decide.

5. Jable

Jable

Nov 6, 2017
    Obviously it is a preference in sound. I love the riedmar's sound and clarity personally.

Wicked G likes this.
  6. pjowsky

pjowsky

Jul 27, 2016
    I guess what I'm really asking is which would allow the true voice of the instrument to be heard. Unfortunately no one stocks reidmar here in Ireland. I've tried the tonehammer and it seems like it would colour any bass with its own tone but from what I've read reidmar is more about letting the instrument sing uncoloured. I'm gonna have to make trip to uk and compare. Thanks for replies.

7. Jable

Jable

Nov 6, 2017
    I would agree with that the reidmar lets the true tone of the instrument come through. Might still be worth a trip to see for yourself.

756 likes this.