SOLD Moollon J V Classic - Sunburst

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by stephenb923, May 11, 2021.

1. stephenb923

stephenb923 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Beacon, New York
    Price:
    $2000
    Strings:
    United States
    Moollon J V Classic in Sunburst for sale. 2012 is the build year. Bass has cosmetic wear on the body and there is spider line checking on the headstock, not cracked wood. The frets and fingerboard are in very good shape, it's mainly the body that has many dings and scratches.

The electronics and bass sound as they should. I own several Moollon 4 strings, and wanted to try a 5'er, but sticking to 4's and need some cash. The bass could benefit from a set up as the notes get buzzy up past the 15th fret on the D string. I just haven't had the time to give it a proper set up. Down low this bass sounds real good and has very fast, smooth playability, and a fat sound as expected with Moollon basses. If you can get it set up properly and don't mind some wear on the body, you'll have a killer sounding and playing 5 string Moollon without an 18 month wait. I feel i've pictured the bass well to show its condition, but i'm happy to send you larger pics if you want to send me your email.

9.4lbs on bathroom scale.

Bass will be shipped with the neck removed and no case included. $2000 + shipping. Shipping should probably run $50-$75 shipped/insured via FedEx since the box is smaller, but message me your zip. ConUS only. PayPal, Venmo, Zelle all work. No Trades.

Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  2. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

PM sent..

Fred312b and Sam Dingle like this.
  3. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    this should be gone tonight

TREYontheBASS and stephenb923 like this.
  4. stephenb923

Oct 1, 2014
    Beacon, New York
    Replied.

5. the baint

the baint

Jan 1, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Techtronic Industries, North America employee. Opinions are my own.
    I'm not a potential buyer, but am curious about the bridge and nut spacing. This looks nice and comfy! Not to mention a beautiful instrument overall.

Edit: That copperish torte guard looks fantastic with the dark fretboard and 3TSB.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
  6. stephenb923

Oct 1, 2014
    Beacon, New York
    Measurement at nut is 1 7/8" and string spacing is 19mm.

the baint likes this.
  7. Ultradust

Ultradust Commercial User

May 19, 2007
    Seoul, Republic of Korea
    General Manager, Moollon
    Amazing to see it arrive in the States so soon. Someone is going to be a happy new owner of such a fine piece.

I actually sold a Jack Casady Epiphone to the owner of SN 0660 in Spring 2020, she putting the J-V up for sale not long after, then changing hands at least once more. And I was kicking myself for not buying it soon enough when it went up for sale this past April 24th... You won't believe how cheap it was being sold for over here, it's a fine build that's certainly worth so much more :)

stephenb923 likes this.
  8. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Is this a relic or is that from use ??

9. stephenb923

Oct 1, 2014
    Beacon, New York
    Seems like the wear is from use to me.

Ultradust likes this.
  10. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Contributor- Bass Musician Magazine
    3..2..1.. :) wish it could be me! I love my JV to pieces.

ReillyProductions likes this.
  11. Ultradust

Ultradust Commercial User

May 19, 2007
    Seoul, Republic of Korea
    General Manager, Moollon
    Correct, as the very few Moollons that were shop-aged are quite far and between. They're also not only post-2014 builds, but also I don't think YJ has even aged a J-V or P-V before. And the above is natural wear, appearing just as I saw it last year.

12. stephenb923

Oct 1, 2014
    Beacon, New York
    Thanks Andi!

Ultradust likes this.
  13. stephenb923

Oct 1, 2014
    Beacon, New York
    Some interest, but still available at the moment.

14. stephenb923

Oct 1, 2014
    Beacon, New York
    Sold, pending payment.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021