Moollon JV

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kenny ames, May 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. kenny ames

kenny ames

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN.
    684CDE65-EBB6-4523-A48E-4406C56AC8E9.jpeg A11A219D-CEA5-4C6B-9D14-BB6C2CEFDDBB.jpeg F10871E3-412D-491A-B627-786F0A349564.jpeg

Hey, gang. Just wanted to shoot a flare up regarding these instruments. Have had a Moollon J5 bass for about 6-7 months now and can’t begin to express how unbelievable these basses are. Wanted to run it up the flagpole for awhile before commenting too much. Bought mine used. “34 quarter sawn neck, in house made pickups, tuners and bridge. The one and only builder/owner Young Joon Park is a metallurgist. (Apparently, the pre-CBS Fenders had a higher zinc content in their tuners and bridge), 20 coats of hand applied nitro finish on the body. Completely passive. Volume, Volume, Tone.

The most integrated of any B strings I’ve ever played. These instruments are completely passive and (IMHO) capture the pre-CBS vibe impeccably. They play and handle like a finely tuned sports car. Heard some fan shot videos and the bass at FOH never sounded so good. Have had more compliments on my tone than I can remember. And they track like a mother. Hugh McDonald and Tim Lefebvre have been using them for awhile.

Waiting on a P5 I ordered awhile back.

They/he makes J’s, P’s in 4 and 5 string models. As well as a 5 string 24 fret dual humbucker “modern” style instrument.

Happy to let anyone check it out when if you’re ever in Nashville.

They’re made in South Korea. Andi Roselund is the go between/shop manager to YJ.

I’ve NO affiliation with Moollon just trying to hip folks on some seriously fabulous instruments.

Think Sadowsky’s and Alien Audio’s make some fine pre-amped basses but golden era Fenders, passively done don’t get any better, IMHO than Moollon.

I know there’s some info on TB already. Just wanted to add my experience.

My 2 cents...worth every penny.

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 12, 2021