1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MOOLLON P CLASSIC 4 (mint)PRICE DROP $1650

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by basses55, Apr 27, 2015.

1. basses55

basses55 Gold Supporting Member

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    Price:
    $1750
    Strings:
    Here is a mint/brand new condition killer P4 from Moollon, only used in the studio and less than a year old.
    These basses are killer and have been creating huge buzz throughout the bass world.. especially in the last few years....vintage sounding/feeling handmade Fender style basses for a reasonable price.
    This particular P4 I ordered directly and is aged/vintage white with an upgraded matching headstock.

-Alder body
    -Macassar board
    -Nitro finish
    -Tinted neck
    -Matching headstock
    -34"
    -Proprietary bridge and tuners
    -Proprietary pup
    -8.5 pounds
    -Bone nut

The bass sounds and plays great and lives up the rep from players like Tim Lefebvre and others. The only reasons I'm considering selling is 1. I'm more of a J guy overall , and 2. Could make use of some extra funds. New, the bass is $2040 (plus shipping from SK) with the matching headstock , the bass is $1650 plus shipping from Canada, comes with gig bag that it came in from the factory. Currently strung with LaBella flat wounds.

Also forgot to add earlier- no trades please!

I'll ship anywhere.
    Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2015
    R&B and sanwin17 like this.
  2. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Endorsing artist: Alleva Coppolo Basses and Guitars, FBass, La Bella-Olinto Bergantino Audio Systems
    some pics

Attached Files:

3. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    some more pics..one showing how nice they did the aged /vintage white nitro finish.

Attached Files:

4. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Bump

5. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Some great responses…lots of interest…but alas no traded please :) I really don't need another bass lol!

Cash will get this great P bass a new home….

Bump

6. Sanchman

Sanchman Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2013
    Nashville, TN
    Just got a Moollon this past January, whoever gets this guy will not be sorry! They are great basses

Spaceman Ian and basses55 like this.
  7. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Bump for a great P4. Thanks for all the interest but still looking for the right CASH offer:)

8. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Bump…still open to cash offers!

9. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Do you have a photo of the back of the headstock that shows the tuners?

10. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    What were you looking for re the tuners? :)

11. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Bump....

12. Low Main

Low Main Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Massachusetts
    What were you looking for re the tuners?

Tuner machine design, size, apparent weight, gearing, shouldered and bushed vs simple captured shaft, degree of "proprietary-ness", quality of layout and alignment of tuners on headstock, etc. I'll go have a look around - I'm sure I'll find the info somewhere.

13. FrenchBassQC

FrenchBassQC Supporting Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Gatineau QC CA
    Man that is gorgeous... GLWTS and where in ON are you located?

14. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto

Thanks, she is a beauty! I'm in Toronto.

15. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Well, the bass is packed in the bag and in an unsealed box right now ready to go , but if you think that info will make the difference in your offer.... then I'll take a pic. You might also want to google pics or go to their website where there might also be pics of the back of the tuners.

The info about his tuners comes from the Bass Player Magazine review of the J- Classic 5, where they reported that he has a degree in metal arts and sculpting, had gone through the process of determining the compositional make up of pre CBS tuners, and re- created them by making his own tuners to match.

If you want to challenge that then by all means take it to Moollon and Bass Player, in the meantime, I'll just go with it :)

Cheers!

Baird6869 and Spaceman Ian like this.
  16. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Bump! open to all reasonable cash offers...

17. SevenReasons

SevenReasons

Nov 18, 2005
    Alberta
    Endorsing Artist: Dingwall Guitars, Ashdown Amps
    Chris Tarry calls his Moollon P a Jedi Master. Since he is also Canadian and its Star Wars day...... May the 4th be with you bump

qwench, Spaceman Ian and basses55 like this.
  18. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Bump….appreciate the pms. Still looking for the right cash offer.

19. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Bump for today!:)

20. basses55

Jul 24, 2003
    Toronto
    Bump