Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Moonlight Sonata- Stu Hamm

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chris J, Mar 29, 2002.

1. Does anyone know where I can find a tab or sheet music for this song? Either one is good. I just want to learn that song. Any pointers would really help.

2. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Just get a Beethoven Piano part, and transcribe it for bass. That is what Stu Hamm did.

You probably know this but it is tapped.

If you have a notator you could download a midi version of it, and see its transcription.

3. I asked about this a while ago. Finding piano notation and transcribing for bass is the best bet. I haven't gotten around to it yet, otherwise I would send it to ya.

Stu Hamm taps it out, but you don't have to neccesarily tap it yourself.

4. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    If you want to play both parts at the same time you have to tap it.

5. That's what I plan on doing. I guess I better learn how to tap better than I can (sort of)

6. Grrr! Stu played it in a different key. This is going to be a lot harder than I thought.

7. Well I firgured out it's half a step higher than the original. But good god, what a beast. That song is gonna be in the works for a LONG time. Ugh. How discouraging. Meh. One of these days....;)

8. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Firstly transposing it up a half step shouldn't be that hard. Second you don't have to play it in the same key as Stu did.

9. What I meant was that it's gonna be hard to learn because I might as well be playing two songs at once. It's hard to carry two different tunes. The half step deal wasn't a big problem.