Moonlight Sonata

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by ChaosGwar, Jun 17, 2002.

1. I've looked at the piano for Beethovens Sonata, but it confuzzled the crap outta me. Since it has two melodies overplaying eacholther, does anyone have the two melodies seperated?

I've got the basic rhythm melody figured out, but having trouble with the treble melody. I'm trying to play it two hand tapping style like Stu Hamm, in case you are wondering.

Notation or Tabs would be helpful, as long as the melodies are seperate.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
  2. Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Are you trying to play this on bass? I have the piano version, but try finding a guitar version...I've seen them and I bet the melodies are seperated to basics.
  3. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
  4. Erm, I know im gunna sound dumb.. I haven't tried to play this yet. but anyway..

Is that the full song?? I know there is lots of tapping and slapping etc during the song, but is that the basic pattern?:confused:
  5. Frankencow, you are my hero. You're are a helluva guy, no matter what everyone else says about ya! :D

I'm at work now, so I can't play it, but it looks like the rhythm line. When I get home I'll give it a shot and let you know.

Thanks brother!
  6. Shortly before I've begun to work on this tab and I'm now rewriting it with an easier fingering for both right and left hand. I can post it here if you want when I'll finish it tomorrow(probably)...
  7. Yeah! Post it here, or e-mail it to me, or both.

As it is, I'm going over the one Frankencow posted and reworkingit, like I do every Tab.
  8. I played it this moring and it sounds right. The tab does include the right hand tapping part, but it is very limited. Stu Hamms right hand tap is much more intricate.

But, I'm not Stu Hamm, nor anywhere even close, so the Tab is great for my talent.

Actually, the way the tab is set up, you don't need to use the 2 hand tap method. I can play it perfectly by finger plucking it.
  9. Here it is, but it's not finished yet. Instead of waiting I post the thing I've done so far. Well it's not a huge work that I've done but I think the fret positions are better with fingering explanations. Please let me know what do you think about it.. And yes to see it correctly please copy it in a new text document.txt kinda think or in Word courier new kinda font....

Two hand tapping on 4 string bass guitar

For some bars, more than one alternative for tapping are given below the
    ~~: hold the note, let the string ring

_Fingering explication________________________________________
    1: left hand index finger i: right hand index finger
    2: left hand middle finger m: right hand middle finger
    3: left hand ring finger r: right hand ring finger
    4: left hand pinky finger p: right hand pinky finger

m p m p m p m p m p m p m p m p
    i~~~~~~~~i~~~~~~~~i~~~~~~~i~~~~~~~~~ i~~~~~~~~i~~~~~~~~i~~~~~~~i~~~~~~~~~
    1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

or 3 p 3 p 3 p 3 p

or 4 m 4 m 4 m 4 m

i p i p i p m p m r m p m p m p
    m~~~~~~~~m~~~~~~~~m~~~~~~~~i~~~~~~~~ i~~~~~~~~i~~~~~~~~i~~~~~~~~i~~~~~~~
    1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~1~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tabbed by Mr M. It's based on a previous tab transcribed by someone else
  10. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    What exactly does everyone say about me?;)
  11. The tab on bta was me by the way. Stu actually plays the low bit an octave further down and taps it but6 the bass i had at the time didn't tap well so i did it as it is. its only the first few bars cos after that more complex chords start coming in and i couldn't be bothered figuring it out on bass. could be worth a look in to.

12. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Cool song to play on bass, but I want to learn in on piano. Lucky me, I might be getting a free keyboard in the near future. Awesome! :D
  13. I can play the part of it he played in the San Fran solo. I dont do much backstretching of the right hand to reach notes, i just use the left hand on one string up, but the more complex chords I use the stretch. I can play it pretty smotthly now and it sounds great. DL the powertab at of his solo, its in the middle. I can play most of the solo, have trouble with Country music (not the solo in it just the main line) cuz of the thumb hammer thumb pluck he does while tapping the g every second time. I can do it, but the hammer on is often off time or doesnt come out.