Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mooradian Cover Company

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by j-raj, Aug 4, 2005.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I have been on the search for a Dbl-bass carrying gig bag and I remember that a bunch of cats in the northeast had Mooradian bags... Never had the oppt'y to try one my self.

So I'm interested to hear from TB'ers that have owned or still have Mooradian gig bags.

Do they last?

How are they compare to Levy's bags?

Stitching strength?

http://www.mooradian.com

... any general thoughts about this gig bag company.

2. Davo737

Davo737

Feb 29, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    I own a double electric bass bag and I've been very pleased with it. I've used it extensively for the past few years and have never had any issues. Great protection, tons of storage room, and extremely comfortable - feels suprisingly light on my back even with two basses and all kinds of junk in the pockets.

The stitching seems to be top notch. I've heaved it off the ground by the flight hook while holding two basses on multiple occasions without any tearing.

3. BenF

BenF

Mar 29, 2001
    Boston area
    I don't own a double bag, but have checked one out. I've owned one of their single bags for 10 years. I have an Undercover double bag, and also 2 single Levy's bags.

The Mooradian padding isn't as "dense" as compared to the Undercover or the Levy's. The outer and interior fabric is slick nylon, rather than the cordura on the Undercover and Levy's. IMO, the protection offered by the Mooradian is a notch or 2 below the Undercover.

Stitching is fine. Lots of storage space. It's much lighter than the Undercover - a big plus when you'll be carrying 2 basses.

Definitely take a look at one before the lay down any money.

4. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    I own 2 Mooradian bags. I own a DB Bag, and their Double Electric Bass bag. I've had the double electric bag for maybe 3 months now. I like it. It will be put to the test this fall at school though.

That's all

5. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    I've had a double bag for a few years now and I keep a couple of heavy basses in it. I tend to wear it over only one shoulder and that shoulder strap is finally starting to wear out. But I would not hesitate to buy another Mooradian bag.

Chris A. :rolleyes: :bassist:

6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I have a URB bag and a single EB bag, both have been excellent.

I got some tears in the URB bag and called the factory (local) about a repair, they gave me a date to stop by. After they finished the work (while I waited) I pulled out my wallet but they said it was no charge...for an 8 year old bag!

Double thumbs up here...the only other brand I would consider is Reunion Blues ($$$$$).

7. I have had the Walter Woods bag for a number of years. The positives... very well made, good design, plenty of storage, very light. The negatives.... very thin padding.... not much protection.. I assume this is similar with bass bags, etc.