More aggressive sound

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by N-Ko, Aug 20, 2005.

1. N-Ko

Aug 20, 2005

I use a Ampeg SVT3-PRO with a Warwick Thumb Bolt-on. It sound very nice and clean, perhaps too much clean...

I like sound more aggressive.... Perhaps it´s because the power amp of Ampeg is Mosfet and not tube, but I can´t change the amp.

Anyone knows what´s the effect that I need to sound with a little distortion like Gluecifer, Foo fighters ...

Thanks !!​
  2. Craggsy

May 24, 2005
    Fulltone Bass Drive or the Sansamp BDDI will add more grit to your current setup!
  3. +1 for the SansAmp BDDI. :)
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Both the Hao Rust Ride and Dod 250 can get pretty "sharp" or "buzzy" sounding. I've never used the Sansamp BDDI, but I like my RBI and that it supposed to the same circuit with an added mid control.

If you want a overdrive with a tube, you might want to check out the EH Hot British, the Hot Chili Tubester, and the Hughes and Kettner something. I wouldn't recommend the Soldano GTO for this task though, that thing was meant to roar, not just add a smidgen of dirt.

It's my personal experience that the Boss ODB3 (or whatever the model number) is the worst sound I've ever heard a bass make. And it definitely is a distortion and not an overdrive.

If you have money to burn and you need a tiny pedal; get a BJF Blueberry. It's my favorite overdriven tone that I've found.