1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

More Artcore ?s

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Nobody, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Nobody

Nobody Inactive

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    I just bought an Ibanez ASB140 off eBay and it's my favorite bass since my 4001V63. I know they're totally diferant animals but I love basses with charicter and both these basses have tons.

There was a paper that came with the bass that recomended useing extra long scale strings on Artcore basses. Why is this and what exactly are extra long scale strings? Like for a 35" scale length?

My second question is does any one know if there is a pup suround that will fit this pup? I'm thinking crome or cream colored. I think this would help the pup look more a part of the bass than it does. What do you think? I know DARKSTAR, and that's what I was thinking too but it sounds so cool as is and not getting a DS is cheaper and easier than getting one.

I am so impressed with this bass. The quality, the sound, and the playability. It doesn't look like it would be that easy to play but something about the neck is just so comfy.

One thing I do when playing is pull the strap over the top of the body instead of behind it and my forearm rests on it instead of the sharper binding edge. Good idea or bad idea?

I 'm also working on an idea to relocat the neck end strap button without modififying the bass. More on that later.

Thanks for your input.

OOD likes this.
  2. Madness

Madness

Jul 27, 2005
    Madison, WI
    So you want a pup for astehtic purposes? I think you could probably get a pup cover. I really want to hear one of these bad mamma-jammas. Do you have any sound bites you could post?

3. Nobody

Nobody Inactive

Jul 14, 2004
    gravel
    I don't want a pup for looks, the one in it is fine. I just thought a pup suround would look cooler than it looks now. This isn't that big of a deal just a thought.

As for the sound clips, I'm way to low tech for that but someone who has an Artcore and can should post some sound clips.

Anyone Know anything about my string question?
    What strings are on other Artcores out there?

OOD likes this.
  4. Yes, you will need Extra-Long strings. With the bridge/tailpiece the way it is.. it needs more string length than a normal 34" scale bass. If you use 'normal' Long-Scale strings, the windings will start to go down before the nut. Maybe not all 'normal' long scale strings, but at least the ones I tried. Several companies make Extra-Long Scale sets.

5. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    I put EB Flats on mine and they work just fine.

Yes, yes, I know, I bought an Ibanez.

Go ahead, tell me about it - but I like it!

Jack

6. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Actually, Jack, I tried one in a store and was amazed by the tone and feel considering the price.

If they came in a five-string version, I'd have bought one for sure, and I darn near bought it on the spot anyway.

You're still a traitor to EBMM, though. :bag: :D