Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More BAM combos?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wilbyman, Jul 26, 2004.

1. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I saw here that Peavey introduced these new Crate-esque MAX combos, but bollocks on that -- what is the deal with the BAM 1x12 combo? That thing looked pretty schweet on the Harmony-Central blurb (might have to check H-C to see what I'm talking about.)

I even heard it was going to have a balanced impendance input for us upright guys -- PSYCH!, lol.

No but seriously, has it been ix-neyed?

Will

2. seriously. who told you that? go kick him in the nuts.

robb.

3. lsimy

lsimy Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Virginia, USA
    Yeah that 1x12 BAM looked great but it's not even on the Peavey site anymore. Shame. If the prices would come down a bit, I'd consider the head or 2x10 combo.

Wilbyman, that's cool you are from Parkersburg. I have family there in town.

4. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    It's cool you have family here, but I'd beg to differ re: "It's cool you're from Parkersburg." I tell people I'm from Morgantown or Charleston....or Winston-Salem if I know they'll never check it out! It's so NOT cool to be from here. :)

Robb: It was the same guy who told me that y'all were bringing back the USA Milleniums with Lane Poor pickups and preamps. The rumor was you guys had kidnapped Lane and were making him talk to your R&D team under sodium pentathol and the threat of beatdown by a really heavy T-40.

So, are you saying the balanced input is a possibility :D ?

Will

5. no. pretty much never. i think it's because we're guitar people here. i'd be pretty shocked if we ever brought back the USA millenium, too. that guy needs a good, swift kick in the nuts.

last i heard, the BAM 112 (and the whole "mini-BAM" series) was not going to happen.

robb.

6. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    Thanks for the info re: the BAM 112.

Instead of a swift kick in the nuts, why don't you just send me the BAM 112 proto and I'll drop it on his head from a second story building.

Will