Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

more band probs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Fishbrain, Apr 2, 2001.

1. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    Endorsing Artist: Warwick Bass and Amp
    i bet ure sick of hearing about my band probs now but another one has come up. my guitarist/singer had asked me to write songs so we could do them. so i wrote 3 and a guitar part and a drum part and words. and he just said oh we'll do it next time and he keeps makin excuses to do it another time. and he has wrote some. they are pretty crappy but i try them and he never does it as a band only as me and him. but thats not the problem the problem is that he avoids doin my songs after he asked me to write them and it pi$$es me off.

2. KICK HIM IN THE BALLS! or.. you can talk to him about it.. make sure what you're saying is heard and not going to end up like talking to a wall. Make sure you get your point across or nothing will be done.

3. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    That's your answer to everything, isn't it??? :D

I agree with your other suggestion, though. I had a similar problem in my old band - rather than telling me straight whether my songs where good enough or not, the singer used to mess me around.

Speak to your singer straight - ask him whether he thinks your songs are good enough. If he asked you to write some, I don't think he's just going on an ego trip and wanting to do his own stuff. Still, with a singer and/b[guitarist, it's hard to say. :rolleyes:

BTW Fishbrain, I'm sure I read in another thread that you're from Liverpool. I live in Bootle - whereabouts are you?

4. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    he has got an oversized ego like all singers, and like all lead guitarists, so just imagine the size of his! :oops:. I have tried talkin to him and he goes yeah yeah i will and never does.

yawnise i live in gateacre, by childwall? dunno if uve heard of it or not, where r u?

5. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    As I say, I'm from Bootle, which is quite a way away from Childwall. I remember my dad used to manage a shop in Childwall shopping centre when I was a wee nipper - this will have been a few years back now, so there probably isn't a shopping centre there anymore...

6. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    there isnt one in childwall but there is one just down the road in belle vale if thats wot u mean?

7. yawnsie

yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
    London
    Yeah, that's it! I remember having to go to Childwall when I got dragged along to pick him up, though.

8. Fishbrain

Fishbrain

Dec 8, 2000
    England, Liverpool
    well thats still there, but anyway bak on topic. any more ideas?