Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

more band room closet finds

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by paintandsk8, Sep 11, 2003.

1. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    I was recently rummaging through some piled up instruments in a band room closet and came across a couple of basses. The first is a peavey forum. Do you think this is a good candidate for defretting? I just want a fretless to learn on and that i don't have to worry about messing up in the defretting process. It is in semi good condition, rosewood fingerboard, P/J.

The second bass I came across rocked my world. It is a 65' Vox Wyman. It has apparently been sitting in that closet for 3 decades. It has a few cracks in the body and needs some setup & i'm sure has some corrosion on the electronics. I asked my director about selling me these basses, and he said it was a possibility. What should I offer for them?

2. as little as possible...chances are anyway, that since it's fairly obvious that they're not getting any use in the closet, he'd be happy to get rid of em. i'd start your offer at $50 a bass (it's ambitious, yes) and work your way up.

3. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ill give ya $75 for the vox....:)

steve

4. paintandsk8

paintandsk8 Pushin' my soul through the wire...

May 12, 2003
    West Lafayette, IN
    I offered 50 apiece tonight and he said he would let me know tomorrow. Nice try steve-o. I think i'll hang on to that one.

5. good score man!

i play for my jazz band and in 9th grade i scored a 99 fender MIA jazz bass in a similar way. though i had to pay no money :ninja:

6. ah, so that's how you got your MIA fender for free!