More bang for my buck?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Audiosolace, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Audiosolace

Audiosolace Guest

Oct 8, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I don't know what most of you expected to read on this thread, but by bang I meant high quality bass gear and by buck I meant hard earned capitol resources. Now on to the question at hand.

I'm looking to get an 8x10 cabinet, and I wanna know what some of you might have to offer as far as input on some of the more reputable refrigerators on the market. Right now I'm debating whether I should spend $1200 on an Ampeg SVT-810E or I should spend $700 on a Carvin RL810T. Let me know if there are any other powerhouse 810's (aside from the SWR Megoliath) that might help me get more bang for my hard earned buck!
  2. K-Frog

Feb 6, 2002
    Camden, AR, USA
    How 'bout less bang for your BACK!!
    Man, I must be getting old, my back started hurting just reading the thread.
    If you enjoy the torture of hauling around really big boxes, don't forget Peavey. If their 810 is even half again as good as the 410, you'd surely get lots of bang for buck and back.
    Consider 2 410s as an alternative. More flexability, easier to haul around, and easier to sell when you get ready to try something different.
  3. Audiosolace

Audiosolace Guest

Oct 8, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Good suggestion. I was more concerned about whether or not it would fit in my Celica than I was about whether or not I could lift it off the ground. Though I think I'm still sold on killing myself to haul around as opposed to buying another cabinet that can't handle my Ampeg B5R and SVP-PRO. No offense to SWR, but if I blow out another horn on my Goliath III, I might as well have bought another 4x10!
  4. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    um...a b5r blowing a goliath? you don't by chance use a lot of distortion do you? or perhaps, get distortion inadvertently by maxing out your amp.

if you do - don't without turning off the horn!!!