Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

more bass music

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Correlli, Dec 31, 2005.

1. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    Just a sample of a coupla pieces I've been playing around with. Mixdown 1 uses a hip hop beat which I quite like. Mixdown 2 has two bass guitar tracks, 1 clean and the other overdriven.

Mixdown 1

Mixdown 2

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    The first song, the time is iffy in some spots. The song is incredibly repetitive and lacks substance.. I do dig when the organ comes in, but that's for 2-3 seconds.

The second song has a similar problem. It lacks.. uhh.. stuff. It's empty.

3. minus the time issues, i thought the second song was pretty groovy

4. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    cheers :)

5. They both lack direction, but they could be good.

6. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    what do you mean by lack direction?

7. They don't go anywhere, or resolve. There is nothing to look forward to, no build up.

8. Correlli

Correlli

Apr 2, 2004
    New Zealand
    resolve to...

can you give an example please.

9. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Climax, resolution, all that good stuff which makes music interesting falls into the general category of "stuff". I'm not trying to make any personal attack, so just chill with the PM's. Songs are like pie, man. You don't want a pie packed with every kind of filling imaginable so it is simply saturated with everything, but then again.. you don't want yourself a pie that's just a crust. You're more on the crusty end. Just fill it with a melody, or just something to actually listen to. Even words, movie quotes, emo poetry, klingon opera.. You choose. Just fill your pie, man. Jesus, I"m hungry.