Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

more bass questions for ya

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by PasterofMuppets, May 16, 2001.

1. Ok, I'm gonna take my price range up to $300 this time, but I'm getting my bass from Guitar Center (I have a friend there who can get me a discount) and I need some advice. My band plays grundge/metal, so keep that in mind. I'm not really an experienced bass player, and other than my cheap Samick I got at a garage sale, I haven't really played any bases.
    I've found the following, and would like some feedback:
    Epiphone Accu Base- $219 - looks nice, but have no idea how it plays
    Ibanez GSR200- $219 - got some feedback, some good, most bad, I'm probally gonna pass this up, since I'm not a "beginner" bass player
    ESP LTD B104 - $299 - looks nice, I've heard good things about ESP's, but never actually played one, has 24 frets which is a plus, but again I don't know how well they play
    Washburn XB200 - $299 - no idea about this one
    Fender Precision Standard Bass - $299 - Obviously, I've heard good things about Fenders, but again, I've never played them myself, and I don't know how my style of music would work on one.
    Also, if it makes any difference, I play with my fingers, not a pick. Somebody gimme some advice here =P

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    What's wrong with your Samick?

3. Er..well the neck is cracked in half, among other things, but I want a new one anyway. =P

4. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Paster,
    I am a little confused. Do you live near the GC that you are going to buy from? You have listed 5 basses that are apparently hanging on the wall, but you have not played any of them. Unless you are going to have your friend ship you the bass that you choose, I would say play them all and pick one. Maybe I missed something.
    Doc

5. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Well, I'd go try 'em all yourself. It won't do any good for me to recommend something you try and don't like.