1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

more bassier rotosounds?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Unemploid, Dec 3, 2016.

1. d'addario flexsteel

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. d'addario prosteels

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. d'addario nyxl

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. rotosound billy sheehan

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. ernie ball

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. other

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. i've recently bought the swing 66 rotosounds and i do like them over my previous nickel d'addario strings.

i'd like a higher gauge E string, so i'm thinking about trying the bill sheehan signature rotosound set.

i don't know if i should conitinue trying more steel strings or go back to nickel.

2. For strings similar to Rotos 66, try Marcus Miller Dunlop Super Brights. A little more goosed in the mids.

Maiden Bass and Unemploid like this.
  3. trothwell

trothwell

Apr 9, 2008
    "Goosed"? Dictionary search suggests this would mean boosted in the mids over Roto 66? Is that so? I would have guessed mid-scooped, more like DR strings?

4. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008
    DR sunbeams.

5. I stand by my assessment. A more agressive string than the Rotos 66. Similar feel, too.

6. Stan_da_man

Stan_da_man

Aug 29, 2006
    UK
    Boomers I'm thinking...

7. Klonk

Klonk

Apr 28, 2011
    Norway
    I assume there is a question in the first post, but I can't quite find it.

Do you want bassier Rotosounds, as your thread title suggests? Are you wondering if the Billy S signature Roto set is bassier than the ones you have on now? Are you wondering if nickels are bassier than steel strings? Are you looking for other brands that are bassier than Rotos? Help me out here :(

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021