1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

More CL humor

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by dbase, Dec 27, 2016.

1. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    You would think they would check the ad's for bass players first before posting their own ;)
    bassplayeradd.

2. Lobster11

Lobster11 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2006
    Williamsburg, VA
    Actually, what I would think is that posting the same ad 11 times on one day probably does not increase the number of responses you will get.

Bugeyed Earl and T_Bone_TL like this.
  3. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I'm waiting for the Roger Wilco signature model.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I hate to be tellin' tales outa school but I hear tell there's an opening for a bass player in Burlington Township.

Imaginary Pony likes this.
  5. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Funny enough that's my home town and I saw that ad earlier. When I see things like that I almost have to believe that their internet was going really slow so they kept hitting publish and ended up with a dozen identical ads.

dbase and Howlin' Hanson like this.
  6. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds

Oct 7, 2016
    A bunch of us from the same area. I'm in far NE Philly. Somehow I missed that gem though.

7. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    My point was the fact that just under all those posts, there's an experienced Bass player looking for work. Maybe they hooked up. ;)

8. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds

Oct 7, 2016
    And after they have rehearsed, they can use the "Legal Representation in Music Entertainment Business" to get gigs. You're such a good match maker. Do you know any available women in the area? I'm a bit lonely. :D

9. LowNloud1

LowNloud1 Commercial User

Jun 11, 2012
    Wilmington NC
    I am a hobbyist making stone picks that I occasionally sell but mostly give away. They made me do this anyways.
    The bass player is probably their former bass player who quit.

gln1955 and Imaginary Pony like this.
  10. I see multiple identical ads by the same posters on craigslist all the time.
    But if I try to post just one similar ad to an ad I already have posted, it won't let me.
    Apparently they are smarter at gaming the system.

Also, it pays to regularly scan through the "Musicians" section on craigslist.
    There is a reason the same ad will appears week after week after week and it's best to just avoid contact with those people or bands.
    I can understand the need for reposting an ad for musician a few times to find the right fit but,
    6 months to a year later and they're still posting the same ad, there's obviously something wrong with the poster or band.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  11. BassAndReeds

BassAndReeds

Oct 7, 2016
    Agreed. In our area, the same horn band keeps posting ads for different members of the group. There are less red flags in China.

Frustrating when you're a sane musician trying to catch a break.

Bugeyed Earl likes this.
  12. Imaginary Pony

Imaginary Pony

Aug 29, 2014
    "a sane musician"

LOL

13. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Sometimes I wonder if the people that post these ads just tack whatever bass players name they can remember from 100 years ago when they were driving around in their airbrushed unicorn Econoline vans and hope that someone will bite. It could have been a Danny Glover signature bass. Here he is at its NAMM unveiling, with Fender master builder Kloof Holdingberries:

IMG_2709.JPG

Beej and Bugeyed Earl like this.
  14. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I saw that too, I was like ***, those are some guys I really want to play with.....never

15. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    I find that on NJ Craigslist, I'll only answer bassist wanted ads. I will not post a bassist available ad. Mainly because there are too many yahoos in NJ, and I don't want them to have a way to reach me. LOL

twinjet and Basstards like this.