Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

*more* computer help needed.........

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by parrott, Mar 31, 2003.

1. This time it's Windoze ME, with my dial-up :mad:

Is there any way to set it to reconnect to the net automatically when I get disconnected? For when I'm downloading stuff and I'm away from my computer.

Helpppp, please, this is really annoying me!

2. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    If you go to My Computer - Dial-up networking, right click the connection icon you use and go into properties. Look around in that window the panes and check if you don´t see a checkbox that says ,,Redial if the line is dropped" Or something in that direction.

If you are talking about that downloads stop, there are programs such as Get Right which automatically resume the download. You can find programs like that on www.download.com or on www.tucows.com

Best of luck!

Edit: I may be wrong about the redial thingy, it´s been way to long since I´ve dealt with dial-up in Win 9x/ME

3. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
  4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Dropouts? What are they again? I vaugely remember dropouts from the days before I got cable internet :)

5. That's it, just laugh at me because I'm still on a dial-up:spit: :) .

Thanks to Icez* though - thanks!:)

*I don't have a clue to do half the characters in your name..:oops:

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

7. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I think it's pronounced something like EE-VAR THOROLFSON - is that right, Ivar?

8. That's because British football is pretty rubbish - c'mon, look at the only two Scottish sides doing well anywhere (Rangers & Celtic) - there's nary a Scot amongst them!!

;) :)

9. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    That is absolutely correct sir! :)

10. Ívar Þórólfsson

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    You´re welcome! I hope it helped!

Just write Ivar, that´s fine :)

11. Bruce Lindfield

Well, now that we have the EU and laws about free mobility of labour, then football is truly "European" - I'm glad to see Icelandic player if they are good - we also have a goalkeeper who was former Dutch Marine! :eek:

But it is also nice to see local lads getting on and learning from these players - so our regular left back was actually taught in school by the trombone player, in the band I'm in! :)

12. NB: I have just about no interest in football, I'm more of a rugby fan, but the state of Scottish football is pretty horrific...

They're not here though, at least not with those two I mentioned. AFAIK, they don't have any kind of junior player programme. All they are doing is picking the best players in Europe.
    Sure, that serves them well when they play in Europe, with the cups an' all, but in the Scottish "Premier" Legue, there's no challenge to them.... because every other team in Scotland is struggling financially, it seems, so whatever not-Scottish player they get hold of, they can't keep hold of.

I think, what I'm basically saying is, it's a bit unfair.

13. Bruce Lindfield

Yes - the premiership in England is all experienced internationals and if you want to see the good young British talent - then they are all playing in the Nationwide First Division!

So - at Brighton we have had two young players from Arsenal on loan this season - great prospects but no chance of getting into Arsenal's team which is all established French internationals!!

Plus we have Bobbie Zamora who hs scored 80 goals in just over 100 games and has been in the England under-21 side - he is a joy to watch and does some amazing things, which I am able to see at close quarters from my regular seat - but no big club will take a chance and they are only interested in buying big names for their strikers!