1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

more crest luv.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by robb., Jun 22, 2004.

1. :hyper:

i purchased a really big crest amp today. the pro 7200:

890Wx2 into 8 Ohms, 2000W bridged into 8 Ohms

i got it at a really great, undisclosable price. i will never want for power ever again. and the best part is that it weighs 25 pounds. i am going to have a rack that weighs about the same as my HT-112. with my bass in a gig bag, i have a one trip load-in for all gigs.

my plan is to use a single amp channel, but i may deviate from that if i have as much trouble driving it as i have had with the peavey GPS 1500 i've been using. i know 2000W is dangerous overkill for a single HT-112, but i should be fine if i'm careful. (famous last words...)

my signal chain goes thusly:
    peavey cirrus BXP 4
    warwick quadruplet
    crest pro 7200
    bergantino HT-112

the amp is supposed to ship today, so i'll probably see it friday or monday, especially if i drive out to plant 6 to pick it up instead of waiting for it to be routed to my office.

i know it's not a CA9 (oh, God, look what i've started... :rollno: ), but from my listening tests in the lab, i will be exceptionally happy with this amp. i won't have a gig until july 22, so i'll give a rehearsal report when i get the amp and a gig report after the first gig.

robb.