Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More ebay madness?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pyrohr, Jul 27, 2005.

1. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
  2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    i don,t believe this candy red is original paint,

3. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Definitely not a stock color for that year, but it could be a custom job. Hard to tell if its a refin or not. I think it looks cool...a combination of a 60's color and a 70's neck.

4. Doesn't look like a refin from the looks of the neck pocket and the wear and checking gives me the indication that the color has been on that bass, if not from the beginning, from very nearly the beginning of it's life. My black 74 P wore exactly the same way under the color - white - which is also consistent with a candy finish. I dunno, without running the Serial # and getting the provenance nailed down, we're just guessing since it could have had just about anything done to it.

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
  6. $1,994.00 for that?! good lord, I don't care what color it is, I would never pay $1,994.00 for it

7. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I dunno.. that seems reasonable to me. If it really IS a custom paintjob for that year, it's more than reasonable...I would expect it to go for even more in that case.

8. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
  9. What does the writing on the headstock say? is it custom bass?

10. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    what's the deal with the headstock compared to the color of the neck??? something looks weird about it

11. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    "Offset contour body"

12. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Nope. That's the way a 70's Fender neck/headstock should look.

They face of the headstock is nitro, while the rest of the neck is Poly. They had a hard time with decals and poly at that time.

13. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    AZ
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass