More Ebay Scamming?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SundanceChile, Jan 12, 2006.

1. He seems to be straight up about that:

"The new neck is also Japanese made w/ a '64 profile. I believe the neck is from the mid 80s"

- Dave
  2. chrisp2u

Aug 15, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I don't get it... he does say that it is not the original neck... what's the scam?
  3. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Look at the Neck plate.. it's an SX
  4. The whole RARE bit threw me off, not to mention my caffeine rush just went into crash mode. :( noob/blonde/typical me moment.
  5. Yeah....a normal MM bass has a 3 bolt plate. You can see the original bottom hole.
  6. Oxblood

Oxblood Banned

Apr 17, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I bet that SX neck plate will really rack up the money on this one. :rollno:
  7. I don't see the SX logo on the neck plate. It's just a plate, looks like a vintage Fender plate without the logo.

Maybe it's a different pic now.
  8. Where do you see "SX" on the neckplate?

Besides, the neck looks legit as a Japanese Fender. The decaling is correct. So, what I'm seeing is a MM with a replaced Fender neck. I can understand that because the Japanese Fender RI necks are incredibly playable. The reference to a 62 J is spot on. That's the model those necks are built on.
  9. I just put the pic through forensics and the neckplate is an SX for sure. Here's proof...
  10. good job hambone! what a barstard!
  11. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005

Yea which I don't understand.. why use two fender parts but an SX neckplate? I mean why have neckplates sitting around?? Do you think that body is an SX with a fender neck?