More European Moderators needed?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Bruce Lindfield, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I tend to log on here mostly in the mornings from 9.00 Greenwich Mean Time.

But I have found that over the last few months, at the times when I am online, there are no moderators about at all. I can see that in the US, as you are about 5 hours behind us; that when I log on it is 4.00 am there - so most of you are going to be asleep.

But this is prime time for most of Europe and I noticed in recent polls that at least a third of posters were European (including the UK in this!!)

I have found on many occasions that when I logged on there were problematic posts or offensive debates going on which could easily have been stopped by a moderator, but persisted for another 4 or 5 hours until the US mods woke up - this tends to waste the time of European posters like myself, who drop in when we can and look at what's new since last log in.

So with vastly more posts than before - if there is a lot of rubbish going on at the top of these lists it is much harder than to find the sort of thread you are interested in, as you can't use this facility, without getting caught up in the offensive stuff .

Anyway - long story - short request!!

Can't we have a few more moderators who are awake when the Europeans are and not have this big gap of about 4 - 5 hours when there are never any around?
  2. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I'll second that one. I've noticed it too.
  3. odie

odie Supporting Member

Are either of you volunteering?

Allodox used to be around a lot before, but Im not sure if he's visits as much as he did before.

there is also Mock the turtle
  4. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I'll volunteer if Paul wants to do it.
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Me too, that is, if you want to take that risk :D
  6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I second JMX!
    (not sure if that helps or hurts you! :D)
  7. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I´m also game if anyone needs me!
  8. The idea is great, and something we need, to be honest.

I don't have time or the patience though:(