Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More G.A.S. Anyone wanna help?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Jun 5, 2004.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    So i wander into my local music shop yesterday. (Not to sound prunish or anything..but..) Im a regular there, and the bass guru has taken a shine to me, so he runs up to me, hands me a Thumb BO NT and says 'PLAY IT, PLAY IT'. I play it, and wow, cool. Then i look up and i saw the SEXIEST bass i have ever seen. Ever. It called my name.

It was a MIM 60's Re-Issue Jazz. 3 tone sunburst, tortise shell pickguard, and a price tag of $2180. He said to me that he could give it to anyone is $1700, but for me, he'd do $1600. Thats cool, considering my bank balance is on $4.52 at the moment.

The neck felt so nice. I had played Jazz basses before, but they didnt do anything for me because i was too busy with the warwicks and the spectors and stingrays and what not, i dont know what was so special with this baby, but she took me by the heart strings.

Can anyone satisfy my G.A.S and post some pics or sound clips of the re-issues or even of the real thing? Oh, this thing didnt have a pickup cover or ashtray either :D

Thanks!
    -Kirbo

2. eh? did I read that right?
    I thought those things were around ~$600ish

3. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    $2100 Australian.

4. ah~ ok

anyways, pic from fender home
    [​IMG]

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thumb BO NT? Bolt on neck through? What?

6. BenderR

BenderR

Jun 1, 2004
    Tucson, AZ
    The best thing for GAS is baking soda & water. Sell $1600 dollars worth of baking soda, take the money and buy the Bass, drink a glass of water and VOILA, no more GAS. :)

7. im in the same kinda situation atm, but in my case its a MM Stingray, Honey Burst, Ibanez Doug Wimbish Soundgear, and after talking to phil i now have giant GAS for another kubicki, He told me he can do another ex-factor in the same color as mine (bahama green) for $2800us..........

But i took my kubicki into my local and my mate, bass fella there now has gas for the kubicki :smug: , he's a little jelous :smug: , but next it'll most likely be a standard MIM jazz, then it'll be modified like all hell...bridge, pups, neck

8. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    That came out wrong..very wrong. Thumb NT. The BO aint meant to be there :D

9. Every single 60's RI I have played could double as a bow. I just needed some arrows at the time.

10. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Continue....