1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

More GK Love ... Bring it on.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by echo008, May 6, 2006.

1. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    Just bought a Brand new GK 700 RB from the local GC (my first) and I LOVE it! ... from what I have been reading and from the looks/feel of it this baby should last me for quite some time, cannot wait to play out with it.:bassist:
    I like the way everything control wise is in the front (effects loop, tuner)
    For the price these are hard to beat ....
    Just wanted to vent/share
    Thanks
    - Tom

2. bassbully43

bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    Well i have spoke here before about my GK BL210 combo and how much i love it...i run it thru a 410 cab now but it can stand alone in small gigs or add an 15 cab also. GK stands behind their stuff and builds great gear that wont break the bank...rock on!

3. yamaha

yamaha

Apr 7, 2006
    Montreal
    I play a 800RB thru a JBL 1X15 and a hartke 2X10 and love it. I'm building a second kit consisting of a swr workingpro 410 and a big ben. Planning to buy a workingpro700 head to power this new kit. Still love the GK though.

4. my "big" cabinet is a GK 4112. Its a folded horn with 4 x12" and a crossover which sends all the stuff over 300 to 2x10s in the middle of it. Sadly, Since I no longer have a Van this beast rarely gets out.

5. echo008

echo008 Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Long Island, NY
    I am going to be playing pretty much through a 8 ohm Epifani T210. Maybe down the line (maybe sooner :)) Ill experiment more with the Bi amp capabilities and pick up a GK cab or two.
    - Tom

6. vacman

vacman

Mar 8, 2004
    portland, or
    Yes, G-K rocks! They grind oh so well. And yes for the price they are a killer deal.

7. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm a GK endorser, so you know where my heart lies! :hyper:

8. snowdan

snowdan

Feb 27, 2006
    well i would like to thank GK for making this little combo that allows bassist w/o a car to bring their amp.

i wonder why this alloy cab concept has not been copied so far. or has it?

and i used to have a gk700rb, too. what the heck made me selling that. once i need a big rig again, it wil no doubt be powered by GK.

9. Niunais

Niunais

May 4, 2006
    Poland, Krakow
    I have GK200RBC and It's all I need. Small, lightweight, punchy and has sweet clear sound. And It has chorus too :)

10. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    I LOVE MY GK!! I have the 800RB going through a Peavey 410!