Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More glitchy nonsense

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Wrong Robot, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Just made a new ridiculous track. Check it out if you're interested in silly music. I figure, it'll either make you dance, or make you vomit. Either one has its appeal.

Smeshian Hopes

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    It makes me dance in the way I dance to freeform jazz, which is to just kind of frantically shake my arms.

Cool though, the thing I like about this song (genre) is chaotic rhythms with ambience over top to leave the listener emotionally confused.

3. adam barkley

adam barkley Guest

Different. Not enough substance for me, but I rarely enjoy electronic music anyhow.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I don't know. I think I would like to hear a version with a bassline contrasted against this one to see which I like more. I like the space between the floaty and the drums. But I would like to hear a bassline moderate between the two, a bassline that was chaotic, but not as much as the drums, and melodic, but not as much as the float.

5. That tune would work well with a "mad, dubby fretless line". ;)

6. Nice job on the mixing, and I like the stereophonic effect of the bongos, but I would mix it up a little instead of constantly shifting them from right to left (or left to right - which ever) 'cause it gets repetivive. I would add a stacco 16th note bass line (similar to the "Night Rider" theme), a more authenic drum track, and possibly... dare I say... a heavily processed guitar track (to add some more substance).

Overall, well done so far. I like that arabian sounding thing (sitar?) in the background the most. Just my .02 cents.

PS - After listening to the "night rider" theme, heck, why not sample it -- it would fit perfectly. :cool:

7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Believe me, a lot of the ideas you guys are throwing out, I played around with. The problem is, my software glitched out on me(ironically) and I basically can't work on that track anymore :( well, I might be able to salvage it, but it'd take some thinking/effort.

oh well. heh

8. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Fun.

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    thinking/effort is for fools. Screw it!!! Yeah!!!

10. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2002
    Philadelphia
    Dude...that sounded like super breakout on acid. GREAT! :D