1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

More growl than Ampeg? Aguilar.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderhutz, Jul 28, 2007.

1. I have been an Ampeg player for years and get an Aguilar cab from another TB'er in trade to try it out.

Where does the growl come from? No matter what head I use with the cab it just sounds great for rock. I know speakers can be "tuned" to point and so can cabs but wow.

I just traded off my SWR head to get a Gallien Krueger head for this cab (always liked GK for rock).

I just got my Music Man SUB 4 as well and I am in tone heaven.

Are there any other users on here that use the GS410 for rock? I think I have found the one.

2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I use a GS410 + GS115 for rock/metal. Right now I use either my Aggie DB359 or my Mesa M2K head...but next week I'll be getting a GK 2001RB! :hyper:

3. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses

I love hearing people talk about "GROWL"......

check it:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=371283

Anyway, the Aguilar GS410 is a very VERY well designed cabinet, and will therefor sound great for just about anything....

This is one of several products in the Aguilar line that they hired and outside company / individual to design for them, and IMHO its the best cabinet in their line.