Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More Help With Youth Legislature

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ARA punk, Sep 27, 2002.

1. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Ok. I've posted a few threads on this. The last one was about my ideas for seceeding from the Union, and after discussions w/ my partner, we decided it was a fairly bad idea. I need another idea now. I can either write a bill, or an amendment to the NC constitution. It needs to be somewhat controversial, and un-patriotic if possible. The more controversial and debatable it is, the better chance it has for making it into the bill book. I appreciate any ideas you share w/ me.

2. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Any ideas? Anything that needs to be clarified?

3. do you have any math homework you want us to do while we're at it, sir?

4. Why does it need to be “un-patriotic” and controversial?

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    hot topics:

abortion

euthenasia

basically, anything with legal death involved!

there ya go.

slap on a conclusion, and you're done!

it practicaly writes itself.

6. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    How about an amendment to change the flag of NC to the Union Jack, that would be unpopular. Or a requirement that a puppy must burned alive in ritual sacrifice before the beginning of any legislative session, or changing the name of North Carolina to "Hitlerstan" I don't think that anyone would like that. I could go on, but that should give you something to work with...

7. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    Not QUITE so evil.... but you're on the right track.

it needs to be unpatriotic or controversial, because the directors of the program go through all the bills written and pick 100 of the best (normally the most debatable) to go into the bill book, that is debated when all the regional programs conviene in Raliegh in a few months. Something like abortion is beaten to death though, there will probablly be 20 bills written involving abortion.

8. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    I'm good w/ math. Wait'll next year when i'm in College Algebra... then i'll let anyone who is willing help.