Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More high end?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sloppysubs, Feb 23, 2003.

1. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    I have a Warwick streamer std and i seem to be lacking some high end. the problem has just now become an issue because of the fact im playing higher now. my question is how can i get some more top end? also i need a way to balance the low end with my distortion on. heres my set up and help is greatly appriciated.

bass-xp 100 whammy-proco rat-boss bass eq-rocktron hush-dod bass flanger-boss delaytech 21 sans amp bass di-amp

2. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Try losing the effects.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy

May 9, 2001
    Orange County, CA
    Zong,

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with the Warwick 'Streamer'... although, I assume your loss of 'high-end' is 'thinner' sounding notes higher up the neck??

How about some EQ notching, or treble / mid-range adjustments on the amp?

-the frequency range of bass strings - around the low 40's, mid 50's & 70's, and high 90ish for E,A,D, & G respectively, almost doubles by the 7th to 10th frets... hit the 12th fret, and all but the 'D' string (it's just a bit higher), are doubled frequency.

I would start there - EQ / Treble and Mids adjustment. See if that helps get you back into the ballpark.

michael s.

4. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    hey thanks a lot.