1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

more hot sauce

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by wilser, Mar 9, 2008.

1. I like it because I do. If it's hot coming in and hot going out, then that means it was good.

2. danomar

danomar

Dec 8, 2007
    Atlanta
    :eyebrow:

Thanks for sharing...

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Gosh, I do love hot sauce.

4. Curtybob

Curtybob

Jun 2, 2007
    Jackson, MO
    My ex-wife's grandmother sent me a jar (I think it may have been a baby food jar) of homemade hotsauce one time. I like spicy.... but this was just pure evil. I grew up in southern Louisiana eating cajun food with extra cayenne pepper... and my Dad loved mexican dishes with lots of fresh peppers. He always said that pickled peppers were for sissies.

But yeah, I really love a nice bowl of red beans and rice with a healthy dose of hot sauce... but that stuff she sent will kill. she called it "Bottled Hell". She told me to try a little, but to dip the tip of a toothpick in it and not to try tasting more than that. I dipped my finger and tasted it. I thought I was gonna die from spontaneous combustion.

I still use tobasco sauce, but anything hotter than that just gives me nightmares of that stuff in the baby food jar.

5. Pet Politics

Pet Politics My real name is Michael, but how exciting is that?

Nov 14, 2007
    Burbank, CA
    Found this at the supermarket one time in the bargain section.

00elucatlg.

I bought a few bottles at $0.89 a piece... the best three dollar investment I ever made. It's one of the hottest (and tastiest) hot sauces I've ever had.

6. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Melinda's is the best

7. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I like this stuff sriracha.

from the other thread I wrote:

8. yes please. oh you weren't offering.

9. Canned peppers seem hotter to me than fresh.

10. Curtybob

Curtybob

Jun 2, 2007
    Jackson, MO
    I know with jalapenos, the fresh ones have alot more heat. Well, I've had some that were pickled with a habanero that were pretty warm, but barring those, pickled peppers are a little smoother.

11. Pet Politics

Pet Politics My real name is Michael, but how exciting is that?

Nov 14, 2007
    Burbank, CA
    I always have a bottle of Siracha in my fridge. It's great in soups too.

12. Take a whole jalapeño, then BBQ it to the state that it is starting to darken a little bit, maybe browning. Then eat that. Hotter than a habanero.

lowsound

13. Curtybob

Curtybob

Jun 2, 2007
    Jackson, MO

Hell yeah!! I've actually done that before, and even done it on a George Foreman grill with the same results. I use a variation on this to season jambalaya as well. I use a meat injector to squeeze a few drops of butter, lemon juice, and some cajun seasoning (any brand will work, but Tony Chachere's is what I normally use) in 3 or 4 jalapenos. Then I grill them really slow to keep the juice from boiling out of the hole, and then I slice them up (save whatever juice might be left inside.... just cut over a bowl) and toss them in the jambalaya about 5 minutes before the rice is done.

That's some good food right there. Now I want jambalaya. Thanks. :D

14. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    My high school has once been evacuated because a barrel of fermented peppers fell open during the day. The gases incapacitated everyone.

15. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    Got pics?

16. Lalabadie

Lalabadie Guest

Jan 11, 2007
    Nay, it was a matter of about 30 minutes before the firefighters found the source of the gases and laughed their heads off at the kitchen crew.

17. In salsas I used to always put serrano peppers in it for more of a bite than jalapenos, but when it comes to flavoring foods and stuff, I've recently discovered a tasty little pepper called datil. Anyone else ever used datil peppers?

18. datil, huh, new to me.

19. When I was in Mexico last I convinced a friend of mine to eat a fried Jalapeño. I thought he was going to die and I thought I was going to die from laughing. Lesson learned, when a Mexican pays you to eat a hot pepper, don't.

lowsound

20. actually a mexican truck driver came through our shop and i started to talk to him about traditional mexican recipies. he had his wife get out of the truck to talk to me. well she had these lil green round peppers about the size of berry on a holly tree. she said they was very hot to be carefull. well i eat one and nothin then two more. she then said somethin in spainish. i think the amish raise some of the hottest peppers i ever eat.