1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

More info on Fender Select Jazz Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MichaelD23, Jan 2, 2018.

1. MichaelD23

MichaelD23

Jan 27, 2016
    Knoxville, TN
    So I wasn't aware of these till today. Come to understand they were mostly built circa 2012 and there's apparently a few new ones still around (NOS) and some used, as well. Wondering if there were color options besides the amber (which I like and prefer) or if they were all more or less the same look. I've read a little bit about them and most people have nothing but good things to say about them.

What else can y'all tell me, oh knowledgeable ones?

2. Seems like they had a passive jazz version, and a deluxe at different times. Guitar Center ran a close out special of the passive version last Christmas for $1k. I almost bought one, but didn’t like the edge on the body.

They were painted in nitro and had some special insignias on the case.

3. MichaelD23

MichaelD23

Jan 27, 2016
    Knoxville, TN
    Hey Josh, what was it about the edge on the body that you didn't like?

4. 64AA660A-5729-4DF0-A6C5-F00660BCE5FB.jpeg
    The top flame was a thin veneer, and it created a sharp edge to the front ( like a les Paul without the binding) instead of the usual rounded edge.

5. B00BCE20-ED33-4F03-AAB1-C66F178F081E.jpeg A6FACF61-ED0A-4325-B047-E08FD86D1B6B.jpeg The active version seems to have has the normal contours.