Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More Jaco bootlegs

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Da_Niet, May 24, 2003.

1. Da_Niet

Da_Niet

Jan 23, 2003
    California
    Has anyone heard the tracks off a bootleg of Jaco called-Live in Italy? It has guitarist, Bireli Ligrene, and a drummer(?), and that's all I know. I downloaded their version of "Teen Town" which has an amazing guitar improv solo before they break into the Weather Report tune. I also heard a little bit of their version of "Black Market" which I really liked. Where can one find this disk(if available) in Sacramento, Ca or in the Bay Area?

2. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    I have that disk. If its a boot it's a well done boot. Jaco did a lot of stuff (trio) with Bireli. "Stuttgart Aria" is another album he did with Bireli that also has keyboards in the lineup.

Bireli has many albums of his own. One of my faves is a trio album called "Standards" with NHOP on bass.

3. Da_Niet

Da_Niet

Jan 23, 2003
    California
    PhatBasstard wrote:
    Bireli has many albums of his own. One of my faves is a trio album called "Standards" with NHOP on bass.

Yeah! That one was phenomenal. I can't seem to find that one anymore. Tower, Virgin, Best Buy(I know, I know.....), even the more esoteric inde-pendent music stores lack that CD on their shelves!:confused: After I broke up with my last girlfriend, I think I left it at her place in Canada. I can't believe I did that.:bawl: I loved that CD!:D