More Love.. la la la...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by FalsehoodBass, Aug 25, 2002.

1. FalsehoodBass

Jul 22, 2001
    Denver, CO
    hey i'm trying to play "more love" by vic... and i can't find out what those percussive things are..During the first few verses. are they left hand slaps? Muted pops? Just the right hand hitting the fretboard? Anybody know?

Thanks... when it's close enough, i'll post clips on TB for criticism.
  2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    whatever works for you.

I find when playing vic's stuff there are alot of little hand tricks he throws in here and there, sometimes its a left hand slap sometimes its a muted pop sometimes its him dropping the bass(well not really...but maybe)
    whatever you can do, and still make it sound good to you. is good enough.
    you don't need to play someone else's songs 100% how they play it....I took portrait of tracy, learned it to the tonal hert, and then I realized....why...well now I can play a really nice tune perfectly....but ....I didn't write I took what I learned about harmonics, and I played around with the song, coming up with new transitions and turnarounds and flips and toggles....and what came of doing that..I learned even more about I feel totally confidant with all my natural harmonics...and I'm learning a lot right now about the various forms of artificial harmonics.
    so I just realized I contradicted myself.

but the first point whatever works for you and sounds good.
    I look forward to hearing it...thats a nice song.