More new toys....

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gabu, Sep 11, 2002.

1. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    I am heading out to pickup a Ampeg SVT400T, with 215 cab and a Mexican Fender P.

It's a package deal for $300.

It should be pretty cool. I am most likely going to get rid of the 215 in favor of a 410 though.
  2. Holy Cow! Sounds like a great deal. I wish I could find things like that. I can't deny that having a 2x15 would push some major low end, but it is a lot to move. Have fun pushing some air before you get rid of it!
  3. handlax14

Aug 13, 2002
    what kind of 2x15 is it? if its in decent condition i might be intrested. let me know.
  4. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Gosh, dude... You may be better off buying local. West to East Coast for a 100lb 215 cab is gonna wreck any savings you might get buying used.

I don't know yet what the cab is... but I will know in a couple of hours.

But just the head + bass alone will be worth more than my cost, So I am not worried about the cab!
  5. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yeah.. sounds like you are getting one heck of a deal there gabu.. congrats on the savings :D
  6. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA

This is the amp. It's in decent condition... Definately used... But it works well.

I wonder about the back connectors, I notice that it came with a plug to connect two of the connectors for bridging.. But, it would connect red to red... is that okay?

Here is the front of the cab! I was like, wow!! That's not too good.

But I found this on the back, it's a B25 cab with blown speakers. So that's kinda cool. I just need to restore the original grill, because... yuck!!
  7. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA

It also included this cool Fender Precision.. Made in Mexico. It's got some dings, but is a good looking instrument and sounds cool. Also, this included a Fender gig bag.

Here is my wifey! I gave her the bass tonight. She really loved it, so I wanted her to have it. Isn't she cute? :D
  8. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Oh, yeah!!! I forgot the best part.

The Bass, the amp, and the cab cost me:

$240. :D
  9. notduane

Nov 24, 2000
    cool beans all around, Mr. Brad Johnson Jr. :D

And Ma's new P-bass has a Badass II :)

You could maybe find a new grillcloth, etc. for that cab here -
  10. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Mr. Gabu you got a wonderful deal!! hope the best!!
  11. Well done on your deal - that's a cracker that you found!!!

My MIM Jazz bass cost more than all of that - but we pay pounds and a bit when you guys pay dollars gfor that stuff!

Well done - and it certainly put a smile of your wifey's face!
  12. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Here's the front and back of the b25b without the covers.

It looks in good shape on the inside. Lotsa cosmetic damage on the outside though. The two speakers have different cones, but they look the same on the back. This one was made in NJ.

On it's label, beside the serial number it shows it's wattage rating: .00 watts.

No wonder these speakers blew up!! :D

Do you guys think it's worth it to replace the grill cloth, and recone the speakers too?

It's such a shallow cab, I am curious how much bass it could really push? I guess it wasn't such a big deal with the orginal 50w amp...
  13. stevekim

Feb 11, 2000
    los angeles, ca
    that's sweet gabu. i love old beat up amps you can get for cheap. you can do the grill yourself. find some nice silver grill cloth and start stapling. i restored an old acoustic grill this way. it's tricky though, you've got to keep even tension on the cloth or it tends to balloon out. there's a webpage with a good tutorial. i'll post it hear if i find it. don';t know about the recone. it's your call. i think it's awesome that you can change the impedence on that thing.