More noise issues.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jiro, Jul 19, 2005.

1. Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    I dont know where this thread should belong in but... I thought it was either my amp or bass is causing a hissing noise and planned on doing some star grounding on the bass to see if that would fix it but before i could i brought my amp and bass to my friends house to jam. and about... id say 80% of the noise was gone...

My friend said my actual plug or outlet thing is not properly grounded but he said hes not sure cause he aint an electrician.
  2. it sounds like it is your plug that has a bad ground. my old amp sounded great at my drummers house but at home it buzzed alot, but my new amp doesnt buzz nearly at all at my house so Im not sure with my new one.
  3. Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    i tried another plug in a differnt spot in my house and it did the same hum. hmmm.... I think its my house!
  4. Lyle Caldwell

Lyle Caldwell

Sep 7, 2004
    Turn off any dimmer switches in the house.

5. Definately turn off dimmer switches
    Other possibilities:
    A. bad circuit breaker (arching)
    B. plugs will typically be wired from one to another. Find the circuit breaker that feeds that plug, turn it off, find what other plugs are in the circuit and check them for being wornout.

Check your grounds at each of these plugs for loose or corroded connections, ESPECIALLY if you have aluminum wiring.