1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

More noob stuff

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Bard2dbone, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Hey gang -

So...I have some ancient cheap to cheap-ish gear and just about no clue whatsoever about modern recording.

I've been in studios a few dozen times. But all the recording I ever did from the drivers seat was on one of those four track cassettes we all used to have.

Now I have an old Apple tower I got on Craigslist that came with a ProTools/digi001 set up (Yes. It's that old.) And I recently found a great deal on a digi002 setup. But I got ripped off in that it didn't come with the software.

So with the elderly Mac and the software it had to run the digi001, can I run the digi002 on that same ProTools software? Will it work, or did I just screw myself by buying the 002?

I know it's not the preferable way to do it. I just want to know if it's a possible way to do it.

2. DuraMorte

DuraMorte

Mar 3, 2011
    It should be fine; as long as you find and install the correct driver for the 002, PT should see it and allow it.
    If it doesn't, then it isn't the hardware's fault; it's the software. Download Reaper and give it a shot. It's free to try, and will probably run better on that Mac than PT will.
    Good luck!

3. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    But would Reaper work with the 002?

4. DuraMorte

DuraMorte

Mar 3, 2011
    If you get the correct driver, any DAW software will work. If your operating system can see it, then you can use it.