Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More of me (Video recording; how's my technique?)

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by OysterBoy, Oct 29, 2005.

1. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
  2. fallon

fallon

Jul 6, 2003
    Scotland
    Thanks for taking the time to put your stuff online man.I think that what your doing is representative of a learner perhaps been playing a year or so? Stick in as bass players are always learning,even the legends.

3. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    Been playing since April of this year. I have MUCH cleaner recordings, and can re record this now that my finger has healed up. Don't take that clip as a face value example of what I can do. And thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. :cool:

4. Not bad at all! For someone who's only been playing since April, you're doin great. Keep it up!

5. Kristopher

Kristopher

Mar 13, 2005
    Tempe, AZ
    Like everyone said, great for the time spent so far. I'm envious, you're a lot further than I was at that point!

What's your practice routine?

6. OysterBoy

OysterBoy

Sep 19, 2004
    Ontario, Canada
    I usually just warmup with some classical pieces (www.activebass.com has plenty of great finger testing pieces), then either learn new songs, or create songs / sounds. I'll be honest; I generally indulge in our leafy green friend for inspiration, which is where I get the basic notes for a song, then when Im sobered, I add complexity and build on the piece. So yea, mainly, just a warmup, a few new lessons, and then song building / technique building. (Took me [what felt like] ages to be able to use my fingers independent of each other, on both hands).