Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More Power?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by razorbakc, Jan 23, 2004.

1. razorbakc

razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    If I want to add more power to my setup, but don't want to go out and buy a whole new head, can I get a power amp and add on? The head I have has a POWER AMP IN jack, so thats what brought this to my mind. In addition ot that, I would get another cab. I just really need a lot more power and I'm not sure what to do.

2. What amp do you have already?

ps. 'Power Amp In' sounds fishy, because you don't want to be connecting the 'Power Amp Out' on a power amp to anything but a speaker.

3. razorbakc

razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    Its an Ampeg B2R.
    If thats not what its for, how would I add more power?

4. The 'Power Amp In' is used when you want to use another preamplifier, like the SansAmp RBI or something, and it allows you to completely bypass the preamp section of the B2R (all the knobs and eq on the front) and just use the power amp section of B2R.

If you want to add more power, run a cable from the 'Pre Amp Out' jack to another power amp, and boom, you got more power.

I'm not sure if you've got the manual, but I found THIS, which has front and back panel descriptions.

5. razorbakc

razorbakc

Feb 3, 2002
    ah, thank you so much.
    i think my head came without the manual, or i lost it before i could read it.