Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

more reasons why Vic is not human.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ImNotGeddyLee, Jun 21, 2003.

1. im sitting here watching the bela fleck live from the quick dvd and at about an hour into it there is an amazing solo duel with victor and Sandip Burman on tabla. What may possibly be more amazing then victors playing is the fact that he leans forward to an ungodly angle while playing... i cant see how he can humanly do that. He literally leans over past a 45 degree angle WHILE playing bass... someone please explain to me what is happening here because it has to be some type of vile trickery.

My roomate said that vic must have sold his soul to satin for three wishes:
    1. to be the best bass player in the world
    2. to be able to lean over really far
    3. that satanicly ugly shirt (if you have scene the dvd you know what im talking about)

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    My favorite part is the drawer with the bananas.

"do you have one of these? look at this? no one has one of these?

:D :D :D :D

of course that was bela.

and....vic is human.

3. he did not sell his soult to satan..

He IS SATAN!

JK.. A drummer friend of mine used to say Terry Bozzio was Satan in a very funny way.. And BTW.. some say VIctor uses a device for leaning over that way, and I just read in a thread that once, there were actually some of his brothers holding him in front of the stage while he leaned..

:rolleyes: Any way.. relax.. He is human.. and all humans are capable of doing things anyone would consider extraordinary, with a bit of practice.. So cut the satanic bussiness thing and go grab your bass!!

4. That's so much cooler than selling your soul to satan.....

:p

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Really ugly shirts are par for the course for Vic.

Also, have you ever seen his "Super Bass Solo Technique" Video? He obviously enjoys doing physical feats to impress people (as we see from the cheesy shots of him juggling and riding a unicycle that are interspersed during his last performance...what's up with that?!). Whether the lean is a feat or a trick is, I guess, undetermined.

brad cook

6. Anybody heard about the rumor that Vic actually escaped from Area 51??

:D

7. WOW!!! That is just what I needed on this dreary Monday morning!!! That was hilarious!

8. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yes, clearly Vic is definitely the best bassist. Bass pyrotechnics are clearly the number one indicator of talent.

9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Ah yes, we can always count on Jazzbo for our daily dosage of sarcasm. :cool:

10. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

It's a "magic trick."

11. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    If you want to witness inhuman playing, check out Dominique Di Piazza (John McLaughlin Trio, Frontpage).

He's also a minister, so he even did NOT sell his soul to Satan :D

12. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    What about to satin?

Didnt Vic also one perform a backflip at on point at one of his shows?

13. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Have you heard "titties and beer" by zappa?

14. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

I wish I could do that. that is NOT a trick. ;) Talk about strong...

15. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I knew someone who could do that....very impressive stuff.