Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More room in Profiles

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Chris Fitzgerald, May 13, 2003.

1. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    This is probably a minor point, but I've noticed that the character limit for "Gigs, Bands & Ensembles" seems pretty small, and it would be nice if there were a bit more room. The profiles are a really nice feature, as they let us all know who we're dealing with when reading or responding to posts, and I'd like for for folks to have the option of putting more info about themselves in this space if they want, including what their main gig (day gig, etc.) is should they so choose. Thoughts?

2. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
  3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    You mean you wanna show off about how many gigs you do? :D j/k

I'll 4th that idea.

4. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Cool. While we're at it, how about adding the ability to list what YEAR you were born without having to post your birthdate for all the world to see? I don't care who knows how old I am, but your full birthdate is part of the kind of info profile which (in part) enables internet identity theft. Which is a bad thing, no?

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    It sure enough is. Also can use it to steal your real life identity.

If Chris Fitzgerald is your real name, and I know your exact birthdate, there is a wealth of information one can find out about you. More than youd possibly imagine actually.