Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More Sadowsky gushing

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Luckydog, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    I'm on my 2nd Sadowsky in about 5 years. First one I never fell in love with and Bay'ed it for a good price. The Std 4 I have now is just superb. I am almost unable to get a bad tone out of it! Typically I'll rehearse with an amp setup pretty close to my live rig, so I always expect a good sound. Last night rehearsed at medium volume at the gtr player's house, using his son's little Hartke Kickback 12. Dayum that Sadowsky sounded fine through that rig. Clear, articulate, punchy, thick, even tone and volume across all strings. I think it would sound good through an Emerson transistor radio! I just wonder how bad an amp has to be to make my Sadowsky start to wilt???? Maybe its not possible.

2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Emerson transistor radio? .....lol :D

3. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    It won't wilt through a Schroeder cab powered with a behringer. Why don't you start a Schroeder/ Behringer/ Sadowsky thread and let us know how it goes. In fact, why don't you start five every day for a fresh change? :D

4. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    "In fact, why don't you start five every day for a fresh change?"

bmc, I humbly submit my comment from a similar post-

"Anybody else's opinions on the matter don't mean squat to me, because my choice is mine and mine alone."

:D :D :D

5. Thats right... keep rubbing our nose in it.

Hands up for those who want to hear no more about Sadowsky's until we actually own one... huh? huh?!!!!

;)