More speakers..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chris h, Apr 27, 2003.

1. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Hello. Im almost certain im going to get a hartke 2x10xl cab to go with my 4x10xl cab, mainly so i get a 4 ohm load and therefore more volume from my amp, but also so i can take the 210 to smaller gigs and jams. Im certain this is a good idea but what are your views on the following:

1-The volume will be distributed equally between all 6 speakers i hope.. the 210 wont be louder than the 410?

actually thats my only concern really. Simple. but let me know what your views are!

2. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    From what I can see on their site, both cabs are 8 ohm boxes, so you will have a terminal load of 4 ohms in parallel and the power will be equally distributed between the 2 boxes. That means to me that the 2x10 will be receiving as much power as the 4x10.

Which will be louder would require more knowledge of the individual speakers themselves; I have no idea if the use the same speakers in the same tuning.
  3. my first name is chris and my last name starts with h. are you me?:confused:
  4. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    If' he's you, then who's the question directed to?
  5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Several years ago, I had a Hartke 2x10 XL, the one that was a sealed cab without vent ports. It didn't handle extreme lows very well, nor did it react well pushing much power. It couldn't hold its own against a drummer at rehearsal.

They've since made a 210 version that is ported. I would imagine that it would handle power much better. Be sure to check it out first.