Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More speakers..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chris h, Apr 27, 2003.

1. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Hello. Im almost certain im going to get a hartke 2x10xl cab to go with my 4x10xl cab, mainly so i get a 4 ohm load and therefore more volume from my amp, but also so i can take the 210 to smaller gigs and jams. Im certain this is a good idea but what are your views on the following:

1-The volume will be distributed equally between all 6 speakers i hope.. the 210 wont be louder than the 410?

actually thats my only concern really. Simple. but let me know what your views are!

Cheers

2. ESP-LTD

ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Idaho
    From what I can see on their site, both cabs are 8 ohm boxes, so you will have a terminal load of 4 ohms in parallel and the power will be equally distributed between the 2 boxes. That means to me that the 2x10 will be receiving as much power as the 4x10.

Which will be louder would require more knowledge of the individual speakers themselves; I have no idea if the use the same speakers in the same tuning.

3. my first name is chris and my last name starts with h. are you me?:confused:

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    If' he's you, then who's the question directed to?

5. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Several years ago, I had a Hartke 2x10 XL, the one that was a sealed cab without vent ports. It didn't handle extreme lows very well, nor did it react well pushing much power. It couldn't hold its own against a drummer at rehearsal.

They've since made a 210 version that is ported. I would imagine that it would handle power much better. Be sure to check it out first.