Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More stupid questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Ok. I"M thinking either a use P bass, something I just find that feels good and sounds grrreat and looks good too! OR. I order one of two basses from Japan. Either the 57 P or the Natural 70s P. Both with Maple Necks.

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

And the questions are... :)

3. Has any one an opinon? Has any one ordered through Japan or has any one found a great bass yet? I donno. :(

4. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

From my experience, MIJ Fender are more consistent in quality and at least as well built as their MIA cousins.
    I'd get a nice one from Japan and that's about it.

5. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    i have a 62ri jazz i'm very happy with.

i had a 75ri jazz for a short period of time which i didn't like so much but i sold it for what i paid so it was all good.

great quality, the 75 just didn't do it for me so much.

i'm pretty sure both those higher level models have the american pickups and ash or alder bodies. the cheaper ones have a basswood body.

i got mine through ishibashi music and they were very helpful and easy to deal with

cheers

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I love the neck on my Marcus Miller Jazz, it's a '57 Reissue neck and is dreamy.

I wasn't aware they did a maple '70's RI.