Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More SWR Amps! "When it Rains, it Pours"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bongolation, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    Man, this is getting ridiculous!

Uh, in my constant search for enough cabs (which is in retrograde motion), tonight I got one of these:
    [​IMG]
    ...but to get it, I had to also get one of these:
    [​IMG]
    ...stuck in one of these:
    [​IMG]
    Combined MSRP: $3198.53

Dead mint, just a couple of little scratches on the bottom of the Road Ready rack case...$800, private party -- giving up bass for classical guitar.

I'm gonna have to dump that 550X amp I bought yesterday, just because I'm getting butt-deep in redundant heads but nowhere near enough cabs.

2. damn it sucks to have way to much stuff, just get a splitter and run them all at once, the neighbors will be thrilled

3. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    lol and all I want is a workingman 2002 LOL .. nice rig

4. +1 on the splitter, if you like using effects. One for clean one for dirty.

5. Aenema

Aenema

Apr 18, 2001
    Michigan
    i use to play that EXACT rig. except my bass 750 was the older model without the effects. somewhat portable and pretty light for a 4x10. i was able to haul it around by myself. didnt sound to bad either. :cool: im just lookin to try somethin different.

6. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Killer deal man, congrats!

7. Bongolation

Bongolation

Nov 9, 2001
    California
    No Bogus Endorsements
    It really does. I can't get into my studio easily any more. I get these things because I can't pass up a deal and I can always sell off the overage at a profit...but I dread dealing with eBayers and meatstick musicians.

Believe it or not, the neighbors have no idea I'm a musician.

If I had adequate cabs for my amp heads, I could crack the concrete foundation of the house.

8. how do you like the tone of the 550 or 750. I am looking at both just because of the wattage and dont want a pre power setup and now at GC their cheap as hell. Do the heads seems really HIFI or mellow. and do you think the power rating is realistic.

9. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    You know.....

I'd be willing to "store" this excess equipment for you....

And all for a nominal fee!

:smug:

10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

So you got all 3 of the above for $800 combined? If so, I hate you ;) !!!

Anyway, I have one of these coming to my door tomorrow and I also just located a footswitch too. Looks like I'm re-joining the SWR family again (have had two other SWR heads in the past).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]