1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

More Technics than me...;-)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Kikilon, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Kikilon

Kikilon

Sep 5, 2008
    Sometimes, as a bassist it is very frustrating seeing a guy playing parts that you are not able to & you think to yourself: well, if I would practice more, I would maybe reach him... In the mean time, when you own the groove & u are playing your part with the drummer & you can feel the thing on track, this is great... Many musicians are hiding behind technical skills, but in fact you do not feel anything from them whilst playing ! For me, there is one bass player who is really unlucky: Sir Adam Clayton is a prime example from a lazy bone with poor playing abilities et do not stick to the drummer. You can see that you can be the "biggest" band in the world whilst having one of the poorest rythm section. That said, I could also say the same about the Edge who is hiding behind many sound effects. By the way, they are richer than me & very known & great song writers, so what ? I will keep on playing for my friends & our small venues... Musically Yours, Kikilon

2. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Someone said "easy money" on the subject of Clayton.

On the other hand,everybody understands when "With or without you" starts.:)