Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

More than 3 letters while seraching?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by SpankBass, May 22, 2002.

1. I was trying to do a search today on "77 p-bass" before I posted my thread up in basses, and it wouldn't let me search because every word must have a minumum of 3 letters. I'm sure there are lots of people who have run into this similar problem. Is there anyway you could change that? Sorry I can't find a way to phrase that without sounding pushy, whiny, ect. :D

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    i have sometimes the same problem...

3. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I seem to recall the search function needed four letters simply because three letter searches used beaucoup server resources...

4. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    That's correct - the minimum character count used to be 4... i bumped it down to 3. Going down to 2 will increase the search index dramatically, and increase server loads for every search - sorry, 3 characters is as low as it can go :(

5. *sigh* Its ok...I guess (kicks a rock) :D

6. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    You can always go "1977 precision bass".

7. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    Hit the same prob trying to search for 'DP Custom'. Searching for custom turned up way too many hits...

8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    search for "DAVE PUSHIC CUSTOM"

9. Tried that, nothin'. I do remeber seeing threads saying stuff like 77 p-bass (well maybe not exactly, but you get the idea) and DP custom but never had the unabreviated version of the names.

10. PhatBasstard

PhatBasstard Spector Dissector Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2002
    Las Vegas, NV.
    So thats why every friggin' time I entered "NS Design" I got that friggin' message.:mad:

11. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Try "77 p-bass" and include the quotation marks. Works for anything under three letters as long there is another term to connect with the first.
    "NS Design"
    "I P Freely"
    et...