More than four string hate?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Time Consumer, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Sigurd

Sigurd

Oct 27, 2004
    That's why I have an F#. That entire G A C line goes down an octave.

Dr Gero likes this.
  2. I only use 4 sting basses in my bands. I don't own a 5, but I do have a 6 string bass that I get out for the 4 haters to one up them.

3. Perhaps but when you do, wonderful things can happen :p

To the OP, I would have just walked away. Its a complete waste of time to talk to such ignorant people... let them sit in the corner and focus their hate on you, if you dont take their ****, its more for them to have for themselves.

Dr Gero likes this.
  4. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

Yeah, a 7 string would just be much too confusing for me. Too many damn strings to keep track of, for me.

Not that it means nobody should play them, of course. I'm just not smart enough to, ha ha.

Dr Gero likes this.
  5. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

I don't see how the B string would interfere with slapping the E anymore than the E string interferes with slapping the A. But then, not a fan of Fieldy.

And of course it's just them trying to make themselves feel better. I think that's definitely what's behind most instrument hate.

Dr Gero likes this.
  6. BigTuna

BigTuna

Feb 23, 2010
    Romeoville, IL
    Man I wonder what people like myself who play 7 strings look like. btw I joined this forum for two reasons,
    1)I love bass
    2)I'm from romeoville and the OP is from joliet so I may be encounturing some of this crap.

I agree with what some other people have said(dont feel like quoting) about the wife probably just loving drama and crap like that and husband probably had nothing to do with the altercation. Ive never had anyone comment about my bass but thats because I haven't played out with it yet. All the people who've seen it love it though.
    I started playing on fours and own two fender fours but I decided to be daring and get this conklin 7 I'd been dreaming of because I liked the playing of people like les claypool and victor wooten and especially and most importantly jeff hughell as well as eric czar. These people inspired the extra range. I love any amount of strings as long as you can reach them. I have big enough hands that I honestly feel more comfortable on my conklin 7 then on my fenders, and yes I've played a lot of thicker necked basses and I just find a wide(across) slim(distance from thumb to strings) neck the most comfortable for me.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021