1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

More than I can Handle

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by RonChase, Sep 5, 2008.

1. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    Just wondering how many of you take on more jobs then you can do I have had back to back jobs this summer and as many as 4 jobs in a 7 day period with 3 bands.Plus I performed as an extra in a movie and completed 5 TV shows in that 7 day period.I take jobs because Im retired but a lot of the bands are sub par.Now 2 of the bands are good,I have 2 more to ditch,I currently play part time with a blues band and an oldies band and they are very good and very part time.I hope to slow down but I just started to form what can be the best band of my career and am quite pumped and if this pans out I will be ecstatic:hyper::bassist::D

2. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Retired, you say? You sound mighty busy to me. How busy were you BEFORE you retired??

I once did 10 gigs in a week. But that was 20 years ago...

Good luck with the new group! :bassist:

3. RonChase

RonChase

Aug 15, 2008
    wow lazy lion 10 gigs a week is like Las Vegas type schedule.I think the most gigs I ever did in a week was 5 or 6 its the rehearsals involved that make it chaotic and if Im the only one in the 2 lesser groups that knows his parts I come as cocky(which Im not) but who needs it,that is why I am hopeful for this new band everyone has been with me at one point or another they are truly the creme of the crop and good friends so,and as far as retired well I do have arthritis but I am lucky in that I am a youngish musician or retirement might consist of golf